Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting started

Well, I am finally breaking down and starting a blog. I 'tried' to start one when I was pregnant, but that got no where. Between having Kyleigh and a rush move to South Carolina 3 weeks after she was born I just didnt have the time to keep up with it. Now that we are settled in here, Ill go ahead and try and start a blog.

   For those of you who dont know about us, Ill give you some back ground :)  Kevin and I met when I was 16 working at dairy queen, he 'claims' that he went through the drive through when I was working and thought I had a pretty smile and decided to apply for a job there. How true this is, I'm not sure. I honestly dont remember him coming through but I do remember him coming into interview. All the girls thought he was gorgeous, I, of course, agreed, but if any of you know Kevin you know how shy he is. He had a girlfriend so I stayed clear of him. I'm not the type to take someones boyfriend away. I enjoyed working with him, when he came out of his shell he was funny and a hard worker. I quit dairy queen and lost contact with him. Never thought I would see him again, occasionally I would see him driving around in his big white truck ( pretty hard to miss it ) and think about him. But like i said before he had a girlfriend and I wasnt about to come between that. Fast forward about 6 months to a year and I'm working at target as a cashier and none other then Kevin comes through my line, I saw him coming from a distance and was praying he would come through my line...as fate would have it he did. We chatted a little bit, he was buying a hat with the superman logo on it. I told him that I had heard of his engagment to his girlfriend and wanted to congradulate him. He looked at me funny and said oh no, we arent engaged we are broken up now. I quickly gave him my number and about 3 days later we had dinner. We remained friends for about 6 months, just trying to get to know eachother. We enjoyed each others company, I remember many nights of getting random calls or texts from Kevin saying he was bored and wanted to see a movie, and we would go see a movie. I did the same, we probably saw eachother 2-3 nights a week. We finally decided to start dating. It didnt take long and we moved in together and then eventually moved to Washington state so that Kevin could work for Boeing. We lived there for almost 4 years. We always said we wanted to get married, always talked about it. But I always wanted a big wedding with family and friends back home in texas. We talked about it for 4 years, finally we just said screw it lets just get married. We went to the justice of the peace, with a few friends and made it official. We got married in December and in September we had our Kyleigh. She is the best thing thats ever happened to us. She was born 9/6/10 on labor day, fittingly enough I think. She looks just like Kevin. I joke around and tell people that if I didnt bake her myself I wouldnt think she is mine. However she has my fisty personality and temper. I can be a hothead, kevin is the more laid back type, go with the flow. She is our world. I am SO thankful for the 5 years I got to spend with Kevin alone. We know eachother extremely well, and hardly, if ever fight. We were able to do the things you really cant do with a child. I fully believe that Kevin is my soul mate. We are total opposites, but it works for us. Ky is a mixture of the both of us. I can see both of us in her on a daily basis. Living so far away from family, I am thankful that I am so blessed with the husband that God gave me. It can be extremely hard being away from family, going out on a date is nearly impossible, going out to dinner IS impossible, getting out can be so hard. So having a wonderful husband that comes home every night ready to take on whatever has gone on in THIS house today, is simply amazing. Well thats all ive got for today. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment